Saturday, June 1, 2013

June baby

My dear little Decimal has made it to her birth month!  Sometime in the next thirty days she's going to wow the world with her appearance--we won't let her stay in any longer than that.  Heh.

It's fun to look at a picture of the calendar and imagine which of the days she'll claim as hers.  She'll be joining two other little kiddos being born this month, and she'll be joining Godmama Betsy, Auntie Liz, and Rabbi SaraLeya in the June birthday ranks, too.  In addition to all the birthmonth peeps she'll be joining, she'll be sharing her June birthday with the June occasions of Mama's baptism (June 6, or Trinity Sunday) and Mommy and Daddy's convalidation (June 19, also Trinity Sunday).  Today, June 1, is also the three-year anniversary of my start at my current job.  June is also the month of summer solstice, the longest day of the year! June is an auspicious month all around, I'd say.

So which day will she choose?  Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Little did you know when you wrote this post that baby MLKA was going to say "I'm outta here" the very next day!
    Two other observations: Her first three initials are famous in their own right: M L K, a prophet slightly before your time. And your Grandma Weber (my Mom) was also a June birthday, the 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize until today that little Miriam was born on a Sunday (like me, her Grandpa Weber). And what a special Sunday, the Feast of Corpus Christi; the Sunday after Trinity Sunday! What plans God must have for this little one!

    ReplyDelete